It was great! Ten adventurers joined the raft trip of the RiverFest race route on June 4! We all agreed we appreciate the Uncompahgre River even more now, and are impressed with the racers who will show up on June 24. Thank you, RIGS!
ALL SEATS ARE FULL – Reservations are closed. Sorry! We hope to see you next year.
The RiverFest Race Route Float will be a fun two-hour trip, including transportation to the river put-in and from the take-out. We will float over Class I and II rapids on the Uncompahgre River from Rollans Park in Ridgway to the Ridgway Reservoir. We welcome anyone to join who has read the “Is this trip for you?” section below and is at least 30 pounds. The trip fee per person is $45, which will be donated to the Uncompahgre Watershed Partnership to support education and programming. Thanks to RIGS Fly Shop & Guide Service for their generous Class IV Sponsorship of the 10th Annual Ridgway RiverFest.
The group will depart promptly from RIGS at 3 p.m. and head to the put-in location, just minutes from the shop! Please arrive 25 minutes prior to trip departure time! All transportation is included. Allow ample time for parking. All trips depart as scheduled regardless of weather conditions.
Once we arrive at the the put-in, guides outfit each person with PFD’s (personal flotation device) and perform the RIGS “Safety Talk.” From here, we split into individual boat loads (typically 5 to 7 passengers per boat) and review individualized instruction from your guide. Once the stage is set for a successful, safe and exciting trip, we hit the water!
Is This Trip For You?
This trip involves some physical exertion and potential exposure to the elements, including cold water and weather, heat, sun, wind and rain. Individuals who are overweight or lack conditioning can endanger themselves, other guests and the guides. Please consult your physician if you have medical or health conditions that could impact your ability to participate. In general, trip participants must be able to:
- Wear a Type III – V Coast Guard-approved personal floatation device, meeting the requirements of the State of Colorado (maximum chest size of 58 inches)
- Be an active participant (active paddler) in propelling the craft
- Actively participate in self-rescue by swimming to a boat or to shore, and/or by climbing into a boat with the help of another person in the event of an involuntary swim in cold water
RIGS reserves the right not to accept passengers weighing more than 275 pounds or with a waist/chest size exceeding 58 inches. We reserve the right,at any time, to exclude any person or group for any reason we feel may jeopardize the safety of our trips.
Listed below are some basic essentials for your guided rafting trip.
- Fixed footwear (Chaco or Teva Sandals, water booties, or old sneakers) NO flip-flops!
- Fleece or wool tops and bottoms – in case weather turns bad
- Rain Jacket and Pants – in case weather turns bad
- Water Bottle and snack (NO glass!)
- Sun hat , Sunglasses , and Sunscreen
- $$$ for guide gratuity – for quality service only!
Please note: you can purchase or rent most of these items at RIGS shop upon arrival or on RIGS online store. Space for carrying along personal belongings is limited. Please limit your personal gear to the items that are appropriate for the length and current weather conditions associated with your specific trip. The clothing you choose should be warm, lightweight, fast-drying and allow good freedom of movement. Synthetics such as polyester, nylon, or fleece, are lighter than wool and also dry much faster.